For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS STE THERESE K366 / 309
Built by Davie Shipbuilding & Repairing Co. Ltd., she was commissioned on 28 May 1944, at LÚvis. She arrived at Halifax early in Jul 1944 and, after preliminary workups in St. Margaret's Bay, proceeded to Bermuda to complete the process. Returning n mid-Aug 1944, Ste. Therese left Halifax in late Oct 1944 to join convoy HX.317 for passage to Londonderry. There she joined EG 25 and served with it in U.K. waters until Feb 1945, when she was re-assigned to EG 28, Halifax. She served locally with EG 28 until the end of the war, and on 22 Nov 1945 was paid off at Sydney and placed in reserve at Shelburne. She re-commissioned on 22 Jan 1955, after conversion to a Prestonian class ocean escort, finally being paid off at Esquimalt on 30 Jan 1967. She was broken up in Japan that year.