For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS PORT COLBORNE K326
Built at Esquimalt, BC, she was commissioned at Victoria on 15 Nov 1943. On 12 Dec 1943 Port Port Colborne arrived at Halifax; departing Halifax on 08 Feb 1944 for Bermuda to work up. Late in Apr 1944 she was assigned to EG 9 based out of Londonderry. On 27 Apr 1944 she departed Halifax for Londonderry via St. John's, NFLD. On 01 May 1944, Port Colborne sailed from St. John's to search for a sub reported off the Newfoundland coast. She was detached from the search on 03 May 1944 and joined C-3, for her transit to Derry, as escort to HX 289, joining EG 9 or her arrival on 12 May 1944. She remained on patrol and escort duty in U.K. waters, including participation on D-Day, except for a round trip to North Russia in Dec 1944, with convoys JW.62 and RA.62. She left 'Derry for Halifax 21 Feb 1945, and on 24 Sep 1945 completed tropicalization refit at Liverpool, N.S. On 07 Nov 1945 she was paid off at Halifax and laid up in reserve in Bedford Basin, and in 1947 was broken up at Sydney.