For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS FUNDY J88
Built at Collingwood, Ont., she was commissioned there on 01 Sep 1938. She was at Halifax when the war began, and served almost continuously as a member of Halifax Local defence Force on local minesweeping duties. In Jul 1942, her one change of occupation occurred when she escorted on convoy to Boston and another back to Halifax. On 15 Jan 1945, with COMOX, she rescued survivors of the torpedoed Martin van Buren. Fundy was paid off at Halifax on 27 Jul 1945. She was sold in 1947 to Marine Industries Ltd., Sorel, Quebec and converted to mercantile - became the coaster Aigle Marin and then the Anne R.D. She was broken up at La Malbaie, Quebec in 1987.
Photos and Documents