For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS CAP DE LA MADELEINE K663 / 317
Built at Quebec city, she was commissioned there on 30 Sep 1944. She arrived at Halifax 20 Oct 1944, and soon afterward sailed for Bermuda to work up. Returning in Dec 1944, she was allocated to EG C-7, MOEF, based at St. John's. She left that port 28 Dec 1944, to accompany convoy HX.328 eastward, but was detached on 03 Jan 1945 to the westbound convoy ONS.39, as she had to return for repairs. These were carried out successively at St. John's, Halifax and Quebec, and completed on 07 May 1945. She then began tropicalization refit at Lauzon, but this was cancelled in Aug 1945 owing to termination of hostilities, and the ship was paid off 25 Nov 1945 at Shelburne. She was sold to Marine Industries Ltd., but later re-acquired by the RCN and converted to a Prestonian class unit. Re-commissioned on 07 Dec 1954, she served on the east coast until paid off on 15 May 1965. She was broken up the following year at La Spezia, Italy.