For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
The Ship's Bell(s) for
HMCS CAP DE LA MADELEINE
The 1944 bell for HMCS CAP DE LA MADELEINE is located at the Naval Museum of Halifax, CFB Halifax
When Cap-de-la-Madeleine was paid off after her second commission, the bell and a ship's badge was given to the town of Cap-de-la-Madeline's mayor of the time, Mr. J.-Réal Desrosiers by Lieutenant-Commander Copping. When Cap-de-la-Madeleine merged with the town of Trois-Rivieres, QC, the bell and badge were returned to the Navy. It is believed that the bell that was returned is the bell that is currently housed at the Naval Museum of Halifax.
Photo courtesy of Brian Lapierre
This page was last updated on 29 Aug 2019