For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS OUTARDE J161
Then Merchant Vessel PING HSIN (1946)
Named for Outarde Bay, Que., she was commissioned at Vancouver on 04 Dec 1941. Outarde spent her whole career on the west coast, alternately serving with the Prince Rupert and Esquimalt Forces. She was paid off 24 Nov 1945, at Esquimalt, sold in 1946 for conversion to a merchant ship, and re-named Ping Hsin by her Shanghai owners. She vanished from Lloyd's Register after 1950.