HMCS NOOTKA J35 / HMCS NANOOSE J35
Fundy Class Minesweeper
Commissioned on 06 Dec 1938, at Esquimalt, NOOTKA was based thee when the war began. She performed local patrol duty until Mar 1940, when, with COMOX, she was transferred to Halifax Local Defence Force with which she remained throughout the war. On 01 Apr 1943, she was renamed NANOOSE so that her original name could be allotted to a Tribal class destroyer. She was paid off at Halifax on 29 Jul 1945, and, like two of her sisters, sold in 1946 to become a tug. Her Chinese owners renamed her Sung Ling.
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
Former Crew Members
Photos and Documents