For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS GRANBY J264 / 180
Built at Levis, Que, she was commissioned at Quebec City on 02 May 1942. Granby arrived at Halifax on 13 May 1942. She completed working up and was assigned first to Sydney Force and then to Western Local defence Force. In Jun 1943, when the latter was divided into escort groups, she became a member of EG W-3 until May 1944, when she returned to Sydney Force. During this period she had an extensive refit at Lunenburg from Jun to Oct 1944, afterward proceeding to Bermuda to work up. She returned in Nov 1944 and was assigned to Shelburne Force in Feb 1945. In Apr 1945 she was transferred to Halifax Force and remained under repair at Halifax until paid off on 31 Jul 1945. Although allocated to the marine section of the RCMP as Col. White, she was not actually taken over. She was re-commissioned on 23 May 1953 for conversion to a deep-diving tender, and served as such until finally paid off on 15 Dec 1966, and sold.