For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS DIGBY J267 / 179
Built at Levis, Que, she was commissioned at Quebec City on 26 Jul 1942, she arrived at Halifax on 15 Aug 1942, and after completing workups at Pictou, was assigned to WLEF. When WLEF was divided into escort groups in Jun 1943, Digby became a member of EG W-5. In Apr 1944, she arrived at Lunenburg to commence a refit that continued at Shelburne and at Halifax and was completed on 07 Aug 1944. She then proceeded to Bermuda for workups. On returning she was allocated to Sydney Force and, in Feb 1945, to Newfoundland Force. She was paid off on 31 Jul 1945, and placed in reserve at Sydney. Digby was proposed for transfer to the marine section of the RCMP in 1945, to be re-named Perry, but was not taken over. She lay in strategic reserve at Sorel until re-acquired by the RCN in 1951 and refitted for training duties. She was re-commissioned on 29 Apr 1953, finally being paid off on 14 Nov 1956 and scrapped.