For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS WINNIPEG J337 / 177
Then BNS A.F. DUFOUR (1959)
Commissioned at Port Arthur on 29 Jul 1943, she arrived at Halifax in mid-Sep 1943 and, after working up at Pictou, was assigned to EG W-7 of Western Escort Force. In Dec 1943 she was transferred to W-6, acting as Senior Officer's ship from Feb to Apr 1944. Winnipeg then joined W-5, again as S.O., and served with that group until it was disbanded in Jun 1945. In Aug 1945 she was placed in reserve at Sydney, but was re-activated for passage to Esquimalt, where she arrived on 21 Dec 1945. She was paid off into reserve there on 11 Jan 1946, but in 1956 she was brought around to the east coast and, on 07 Aug 1959, handed over to the Belgian Navy as A.F. Dufour. She was broken up in 1966. Its not confirmed but the superstructure of Winnipeg may still be in use as a firefighting-training platform in Zeebrugge.