For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS QUATSINO J152
Then Merchant Vessel CHEN HSIN (1947)
Then CONCORD (1949)
Named for Quatsino Sound, Vancouver Island, she was built by Prince Rupert Dry Dock & Shipyards Co., Prince Rupert, BC and commissioned on 03 Nov 1941. Quatsino spent her entire service life on the west coast, alternately a member of the Prince Rupert and Esquimalt Force. She was paid off at Esquimalt on 26 Nov 1945, and converted for commercial purposes in 1947, to be re-named Chen Hsin and domiciled at Shanghai. Sold again in 1949, she was renamed Concord. She was last listed in Lloyd's Register in 1950.
Photos and Documents (below)