For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS MIDLAND K220
Built at Midland, Ont, she was commissioned at Montreal on 17 Nov 1941. She arrived at Halifax on 30 Nov 1941, and spent her entire career with WLEF, from Jun, 1943, as member of EG W-2. She underwent two extensive refits: the first at Liverpool, N.S., from 30 Nov 1942 to 14 Apr 1943; the second at Galveston, Texas from mid-Mar 1944 to 25 May 1944. The latter refit included the extension of her fo'c's'le. Upon its completion she returned briefly to Halifax before leaving on 01 Jul 1944 for three weeks' working-up in Bermuda. She was paid off at Sydney on 15 Jul 1945. Sold in 1946 in the Great lakes Lumber Co., she was broken up the same year at Fort William (now Thunder Bay), Ont.
Photos and Documents (below)