HMCS MACDONALD Z07
MacDonald and her sister Laurier were built by Morton Engineering and Dry Dock Co. Ltd, Quebec. Launched there on 20 Aug 1936 she was assigned for use to the RCMP. She transferred to the West Coast and patrolled out of Vancouver until 11 Oct 1939 when she was transferred to the RCN and was renamed HMCS Macdonald with pendant number Z07 and P07. She was initially stationed at the Ucuelet BC Air Station as a rescue boat until 1940 when she was transferred to the East Coast. She was employed as a patrol boat and operated out of Halifax, Nova Scotia. In 1945 she was returned to the RCMP but she was not put into service. She was transferred to the Department of Fisheries, and on 20 Feb 1947, renamed Fisheries Protection Vessel Howay and transferred to the West Coast. Howay had wheelhouse was replaced in 1949. On 24 Jul 1981 her engines were run off for the final time. In 1982 she was sold out of government service and re-named Jenny Marcel. Her registry was closed n 07 Jan 2013. Last seen, she was a derelict vessel laying in the mud on the banks of the Fraser River near Mission, BC.
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
Former Crew Members
Photos and Documents
(RMc001) The launching of Laurier and Macdonald in 1936
(RMc002) HMCS Macdonald near Bella Coola BC
(RMc003) FPC Howay
(RMc004) FPC Howay, Victoria, BC
(RMc005) Chief Officer (1st Mate) Dave Sinclair, Capt Roger Myerscoff and Harold Sloman on FPC Howay
(RMc006) Harold Sloman on the helm and Capt Roger Myerscoff on FPC Howay
(RMc007) Chief Engineer Kevin Delaney and Capt Roger Myerscoff on FPC Howay after her engines were run off for the final time, 24 Jul 1981
Radio controlled model of HMCS MACDONALD built with moving forward gun, cabin and port hole lights.
Photos courtesy of the builder of the model - Gary Narten