For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS KELOWNA J261
Then Merchant Vessel CONDOR
Then Merchant Vessel Hung Hsin (1950)
Built at Prince Rupert, BC., she was commissioned there on 05 Feb 1942. Kelowna spent her entire career on the west coast, alternately a member of Prince Rupert Force and Esquimalt Force. She was paid off at Esquimalt on 22 Oct 1945, and sold the following year for commercial purposes, first re-named Condor and later, in 1950, Hung Hsin. Owned in Shanghai, she disappeared from Lloyd's Register after 1950.