HMCS BLAIRMORE J314 / 193
Bangor Class Minesweeper
Built at Port Arthur, Ont., she was commissioned there on 17 Nov 1942. She arrived at Halifax on 24 Dec 1942, and after working up was assigned to WLEF. Upon the division of the forces into escort groups in Jun 1943, she became a member of EG W-4 and remained with the group until Feb 1944. Transferred to the U.K. for invasion duties, she left Halifax on 20 Feb 1944 in company with Fort William, Milltown and Minas for Plymouth via the Azores, arriving on 08 Mar 1944. Assigned to the 31st Minesweeping Flotilla, she was present on D-Day and continued with Plymouth Command until 21 Sep 1945, when she sailed for Canada. During this period she returned to Canada for a refit at Halifax in Apr 1945, returning to Plymouth in Jul 1945. BLAIRMORE was paid off at Sydney, N.S., on 16 Oct 1945, sold to Marine Industries Ltd., and placed in strategic reserve at Sorel in 1946. She was re-acquired by the RCN in Jul 1951, owing to the Korean crisis, and converted to a "coastal escort." Again placed in reserve at Sydney, she was transferred to the Turkish Navy as Beycoz on 29 Mar 1958, remaining in service until 1971.
In memory of those who made the ultimate sacrifice
Lest We Forget
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
Former Crew Members