gunshield art on HMCS OTTAWA 341 (4th of name) makes reference to her
heritage and the WW2
destroyer HMCS OTTAWA H31 (2nd of name).
OTTAWA H31 formerly HMS GRIFFIN, was transferred to the RCN after the loss
of HMCS OTTAWA H60. On 20 Mar 1943, she was commissioned at
Southampton as HMCS GRIFFIN. On 10 Apr 1943, despite the objections of her
captain, she was renamed HMCS OTTAWA.