S.S. WINDERMERE PARK
Defensively Equipped Merchant Ship (D.E.M.S.)
Windermere Park was a Defensively Equipped Merchant Ship (DEMS). Though manned by a civilian crew, she had RCN sailors on board to man and operate the gun that was fitted to her for protection and convoy defence. She was completed 12 Nov 1943 and broken up in 1968.
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
Photos and Documents