For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Fairmile Motor Launch - Q063
Then COLUMBIER V113 (1943)
Then CUMBRAE II
Built at Mac-Craft Ltd., Sarnia, Ontario, she was delivered to the RCN on 18 Apr 1942. While she flew the White Ensign, she was not commissioned into the RCN but instead was listed as a tender to HMCS Sambro, the depot ship for escorts (tenders were not commissioned vessels). Q063 was a "B" Type ML, Displacement: 79 tons, Length: 112 ft, Beam: 17.9 ft, Draught: 4.9 ft, Speed: 20 kts, Complement: 3 officers, 14 men, Armament: 3-20mm. On 15 Jan 1943, she was transferred to the Free French Navy and renamed Columbier V113. She served with the free French Navy out of St. Pierre et Miquelon on the South Coast of Newfoundland until the end of the war. After the war she was sold to General J.C. Escobar, Montreal and renamed Cumbrae II. Her final disposition is unknown.