For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS SPRINGHILL K323
Built at the Yarrows Shipyard in BC, she was commissioned on 21 Mar 1944, at Victoria; arrived at Halifax on 12 May 1944; and left in mid-Jun 1944 for three weeks' working up in Bermuda. In Aug 1944 Springhill joined EG 16, Halifax, as Senior Officer's ship. She left on 07 Mar 1945, for Londonderry, the group having been transferred there, but returned in Apr 1945 for tropicalization refit at Pictou. This occupied her from May to Oct 1945, and on Dec 1945 she was paid off at Halifax and laid up in reserve in Bedford Basin. She was broken up in 1947 at Sydney, NS.
RCN Memories: Christmas gifts for HMCS Springhill