For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Then SANTA ROSA (1946)
Built in 1927, she was owned by Packers Steamship Co., Ltd., Vancouver BC, from 1927 to 1931. Later owned by J. Dutton of Vancouver then J.J. Cross Marine Supplies. Named Ochecac, she was purchased in 1938 and commissioned on 25 Jul 1938, for training purposes in connection with the Fishermen's Reserve, formed that year on the west coast. Of declining use as the war progressed, Skidegate was paid off on 18 Feb 1942. Sold in 1946 to John Steffich (MO), Vancouver BC. In 1946 she was renamed as the Santa Rosa. In 1949 she was owned by John Steffich (MO), Vancouver BC. In 1961 she was owned by Peter Washinski, Vancouver BC. In 1989 she was owned by James Walkus, Nanoose Bay BC. In 2004-2012 she was owned by Inar Jager, Minstrel Island BC.
Photos and Documents (below)