HMCS PORTE DAUPHINE 186
Built by Pictou Foundry Co., Pictou, NS, she was commissioned on 10 Dec 1952. Named after the gate of the French fortifications at Quebec City and Louisbourg, they were designed specifically to operate the gates in anti-submarine booms, but served primarily as training vessels in peace-time. PORTE DAUPHINE was on loan to the Department of Transport from 1958 to 1974. She was paid off in Dec 1995. PORTE DAUPHINE was sold and converted to a live-fish carrier.
Specifications on completion: Displacement: 420 tons full load, Length: 125 ft, Beam: 26.3 ft, Draught: 13 ft, Speed: 11 kts, Complement: 3 officers, 20 men, Armament: 1-40mm. The 40mm was later removed.
LCdr John Herbert Maxner, RCN - 15 Mar 1951 - unk
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
Photos and Documents