For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS LONGUEUIL K672
Built by Canadian Vickers, Ltd, she was commissioned on 18 May 1944, at Montreal. Longueuil arrived 30 Jun 1944 in Bermuda to work up. In Jul 1944 she became a member of EG C-2, and on 07 Aug 1944 left St. John's for Londonderry with convoy HXF.302. She spent her entire wartime career on convoy duty and for varying periods was Senior Officer's ship of her group. Returning to Canada in Jun 1945, she proceeded to Vancouver for tropicalization refit, but this was cancelled and the ship paid off 31 Dec 1945 at Esquimalt. She was sold in 1947 and, reportedly, expended as part of a breakwater at Kelsey Bay; B.C., in 1948.
RCN Memories: HMCS Longueuil - V.E. Day in Newfie John
Photos and Documents