For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS LOCH ACHANALT K424
Former HMS LOCH ACHANALT K424
Then HMNZS PUKAKI F424
Built at Leith, Scotland, she was commissioned on 31 Jul 1944. She worked up at Tobermory and joined EG 6 in Sep 1944 at Londonderry. Loch Achanalt served with the group until VE-Day on A/S patrol and support duty in U.K. waters, based for brief periods at Portsmouth and Plymouth. When the group was transferred to Halifax in Apr 1945, she accompanied it, but left Halifax on 29 May 1945 for Sheerness and there was paid off on 20 Jun 1945 and returned to the RN. She remained in reserve at Sheerness until 1948, when she was sold to the Royal New Zealand navy and renamed Pukaki. She was broken up at Hong Kong in 1966.