HMCS COURTENAY J262
Bangor Class Minesweeper
Commissioned at Prince Rupert on 21 Mar 1942, Courtenay spent her whole career on the west coast, serving alternately with the Esquimalt and Prince Rupert Force. She was paid off on 05 Nov 1945, at Esquimalt and sold in 1946 to the Union Steamship Co., Vancouver for use as a merchant ship. However, she was not converted to this use, and has proved impossible to trace beyond 1951, when a purchase offer was made by a San Francisco firm.
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
Former Crew Members