HMCS CORDOVA 158
One of hundreds of motor minesweepers built for the USN during the Second World War, Cordova was launched as YMS.420 in 1944 at Chicago. She was purchased by the RCN on 03 Dec 1951, and commissioned as HMCS Cordova from 09 Aug 1952 to 12 Apr 1957, serving primarily as tender to HMCS Discovery. Sold in 1970 to Harbour Ferries, Ltd. of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and renamed Harbour Queen No. 1; Renamed Nakaya in 1980. She was sunk in 1992 as a diving wreck at Porteau Cove Provincial Park, located 40 miles north of Vancouver.
Lt David William Hurl, RCN - 28 Aug 1954 - unk
LCdr Arthur Francis Rowland, RCN - 13 Jan 1955 - 31 May 1955
Lt Russell Freeman, RCN - 01 Jun 1955 - 12 Apr 1957
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
Photos and Documents