For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS AVALON II
HMCS Avalon II was the former Great Lakes Steamer Georgian. She was acquired by the RCN in Jun 1941 to be used as floating barracks at St. John's, NFLD, for HMCS Avalon due to the expansion of the roll of St. John's as a convoy hub. HMCS Avalon continued to use her as a floating barracks even after more barracks were built ashore.