The Women's Royal Canadian Naval Service (WRCNS) was established on 31 July 1942 during the Second World War. It was the naval counterpart to the Canadian Women’s Army Corps and the Royal Canadian Air Force Women’s Division, which had preceded it in 1941. The WRCNS was established as a separate service from the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN). It was disbanded on 31 August 1946.
For King and Country
Lest We Forget
* WRCNS Uniform Regulations - Substantive and Non-Substantive Badges - Excerpts from NGOs - Nov 1945