For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
ESTEVAN POINT WIRELESS STATION
Estevan Point station is a site approximately half way up the west coast of Vancouver Island. The site was established in 1906 as part of the chain of wireless stations along the west coast. This site was also used by the RCN in World War 1 and a guard was established there to re-buff any German raiding parties. In 1956 the station was shut down and moved to the Tofino Airport.