For Posterity's Sake         

A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project

YFM 310

Then YFP 310

Then YMR-4

Then YTP-4

 

No photograph available 

 

 

Delivered to RCN: 

Removed from Service: 1991

Fate: Final disposition unknown

 

YFM 310 was one of 10 auxiliary craft built for the west coast navy between 1953 and 1955. Built for use as a blue boat, the majority of these crafted were used for general purposes such as liberty boats, stores and equipment lighters, etc. Re-designated as YFPs in 1960, YFP 310 along with with many of her sisters, were placed paid off to reserve status due to defence budget cuts. She was taken out of reserve status in 1965 and transferred to the under water range at Nanoose Bay in 1965 and fitted with monitoring and detection equipment in her holds for and aft. Renamed YMR-4 and later YTP-4 she served at the Canadian Forces Experimental and Test Range (CFMETR) till she was removed from service in 1991.

 

Commanding Officers

 

 

 

     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten

 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT