For Posterity's Sake         

A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project

YFM 320

Then YFP 320

Then YAG 320 (LYNX)

YAG-320

 

Delivered to RCN: 01 Nov 1955

Removed from Service: Oct 2007

Fate: Sold in 2011. Last sighted in Aug 2016 in Sooke Basin under conversion to a private yacht. 

 

Built by Withey's Shipyard Ltd., Silva Bay, Gabriola Island, BC, she was one of 10 auxiliary craft built for the west coast navy between 1953 and 1955. Built for use as a blue boat, the majority of these crafted were used for general purposes such as liberty boats, stores and equipment lighters, etc. Re-designated as YFPs in 1960, YFP 312 and YFP 320 were designated as tenders to HMCS Oriole in 1963. In the mid-1960s, re-designated as a YAG, she was used for seamanship and navigational training for the regular and reserve forces until removed from service in Oct 2007. Put up for auction in Jun 2011, she was sold to private interests. She is still in use as of Aug 2016, being converted to a private yacht.

 

Commanding Officers

 

 

 

     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten

 

 

Photos and Documents

 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT