For Posterity's Sake         

A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project

YFM 319

Then YFP 319

Then YAG  319 (BADGER)

 

No photograph available 

 

 

Delivered to RCN: 07 Sep 1955

Removed from Service: 2007

Fate: Sold in 2011. Final disposition unknown

 

Built by Withey's Shipyard Ltd., Silva Bay, Gabriola Island, BC, she was one of 10 auxiliary craft built for the west coast navy between 1953 and 1955. Built for use as a blue boat, the majority of these crafted were used for general purposes such as liberty boats, stores and equipment lighters, etc. Re-designated as YFPs in 1960, YFP 319 was transferred to Vancouver as a tender to the Naval Reserve Unit, HMCS Discovery. Re-designated as a YAG, she was brought back to Esquimalt and used for seamanship and navigational training for the regular and reserve forces until removed from service in approximately 2007. Sold in 2011 to private interests.

 

Commanding Officers

 

 

 

     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten

 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT