For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Then YFP 312
Then YAG 312 (OTTER)
Built in 1953 by Star Shipyard (Mercer's) Ltd, New Westminster, BC, she was one of 10 auxiliary craft built for the west coast navy between 1953 and 1955. Built for use as a blue boat, the majority of these crafted were used for general purposes such as liberty boats, stores and equipment lighters, etc. Re-designated as YFPs in 1960, YFP 312 and YFP 320 were designated as tenders to HMCS Oriole in 1963. In the mid-1960s, re-designated as a YAG, she was used for seamanship and navigational training for the regular and reserve forces until removed from service in Oct 2007. Put up for action in Jun 2011, she was sold to private interests.
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten