For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Then YFP 306
Then YAG 306 (GRIZZLY)
Built by Withey's Shipyard Ltd., Silva Bay, Gabriola Island, BC, she was one of 10 auxiliary craft built for the west coast navy between 1953 and 1955. Built for use as a blue boat, the majority of these crafted were used for general purposes such as liberty boats, stores and equipment lighters, etc. Re-designated as YFPs in 1960, YFP 306 along with many of her sisters, were paid off to reserve status due to defence budget cuts. Brought back into service in the mid-1960s, re-designated as a YAG, she was used for seamanship and navigational training for the regular and reserve forces until removed from service in approximately 2007. Sold in 2011 to private interests.