For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Ville Class Tug SHAWVILLE
Built by Russel Brother's Ltd, Owen Sound, Ont., Shawville was delivered to the RCN in 1944. Piad off after the war she was transferred to the National Harbour Board in Ottawa in 1947. In 1948 she was re-named Brockton II. In 1987 she was transfered to the Vancouver Port Corporation and in 1993 she was sold for private use. On 12 Oct 2018 she was photographed near Bella Coola, BC - a derelict vessel, half submerged.