HMCS GLENDON W39 / WTB506
Glen Class Tug
Glendon operated out of Esquimalt until she was removed from service and sold in 1964. On 26 Mar 1946, Glendon was paid off from the RCN and transferred to the Auxiliary fleet. However, on 12 Dec 1946, Glendon was re-commissioned temporarily and manned by naval personnel "to provide adequate facilities for manoeuvring HMCS Warrior." By the early 1960, as designed were considered for the new Glen tugs, Glendon was assigned as a tender to base operations at HMC Naden. Declared surplus on 13 Jan 1964, she was sold on 31 Mar 1964 to North Arm Transportation Ltd., and renamed North Arm Highlander. Used as a towboat, she was later resold, restored and renamed Golden Explorer. She was still on the Transport Canada registers in 2008.
Skpr/Lt Robert Hunter, RCNR - 14 May 1945 - unk
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten