For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS ST. ANNE W36
Former Tug ST. ANNE
Then Tug CASCAPDEIA
Built by Ferguson Brothers (Port Glasgow) Ltd., Port Glasgow, St. Anne was a steel screw steam salvage tug powered by a single screw, coal fired boiler, with a speed of 12 knots. Originally owned by The British Admiralty, she was later owned by A.J.L. Hill, Southampton in 1922; Bathhurst Co., Ltd, Chatham, NB in 1924; and Bathurst Power & Pater Co., Chatham, NB in 1931. She was requisitioned for use as an Examination vessel by the RCN in Jan 1940. In Dec 1942, HMCS St. Anne left Halifax for St. John's, Nfld. Remaining there for about a week, she departed for Halifax just after Christmas with HMCS Saguenay, badly damaged from a collision, in tow; arriving in Halifax on 08 Jan 1943. Later in 1943 she was returned to her former owners, re-named Cascapedia, and was used to haul lumber till finally sold in 1962 for scrap. She was broken up at Sorel, Quebec in Aug 1964.