S.S. SAPPERTON PARK
Defensively Equipped Merchant Ship
The Sapperton Park was built by the Burrard Drydock Company Ltd. in Vancouver for the Canadian Government (Canadian Transport Co, Vancouver) merchant fleet and was launched as the Fort Toulouse. Her transfer to the MOWT cancelled, she was renamed the Sapperton Park. After the war she was renamed the Harmac Alberni. In 1948 she was sold to Furness (Canada), Ltd, Montreal and renamed the Royston Grange. In 1949 she was sold again to Rio Pardo Cia Nav., Panama and renamed the Yiannis. In 1954 she was sold to Cia Prospero S.A, Panama and served until scrapped in Mihara, Japan in 1967.