For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
In 1906 she was owned by Westminster Towing and Fishing Co., New Westminster BC. In 1908 she was sold for fishery patrol to the Minister of Marine and Fisheries, Ottawa ON as CGS Restless. In 1914 she was taken over by the Royal Canadian Navy. During the First World War Restless was the tender to the Royal Naval College of Canada when the College was based in Esquimalt BC. She was later employed as an examination vessel and then passed to the Canadian Hydrographic Service. In 1928 Restless was sold to for private / commercial use. In 1933, while tied up at James Island Wharf, she caught fire and burned to the waterline.
According to information received from the Officer of RCN History in Ottawa, the Restless as not commissioned and therefore did not use the prefix HMCS.