For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Fairmile Motor Launch - Q128
Then PRINCESS LOUISE INLET (1945)
Built by A.C. Benson Shipyard, Vancouver, B.C., she was delivered to the RN on 04 Jul 1944. While she flew the White Ensign, she was not commissioned into the RCN but instead was listed as a tender to HMCS Sambro, the depot ship for escorts (tenders were not commissioned vessels). She was a "B" Type ML, Displacement: 79 tons, Length: 112 ft, Beam: 17 ft, Draught: 4.9 ft, Speed: 22 kts, Complement: 3 officers, 14 men, Armament: 3-20mm. She was sold in 1945 to Hamiltair Ltd., Vancouver and renamed Princess Louise Inlet. She burned and sank in Pendreel Sound, BC on 18 Dec 1955.