For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Fairmile Motor Launch - Q123
Then MALIBOU MARLIN (1945)
Built by Vancouver Shipyards Co. Ltd., Vancouver, B.C., she was delivered to the RCN on 05 Jun 1944. While she flew the White Ensign, she was not commissioned into the RCN but instead was listed as a tender to HMCS Sambro, the depot ship for escorts (tenders were not commissioned vessels). Q123 was a Type "B" ML, Displacement: 79 tons, Length: 112 ft, Beam: 17 ft, Draught: 4.9 ft, Speed: 22 kts, Complement: 3 officers, 14 men, Armament: 3-20mm. Sold in 1945 to Hamiltair Limited, Vancouver, she was renamed Malibou Marlin and later Toluca.