For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Fairmile Motor Launch - Q119
Built by Minett-Shields Ltd., Bracebridge, Ont., she was delivered to the RCN on 16 Nov 1943. While she flew the White Ensign, she was not commissioned into the RCN but instead was listed as a tender to HMCS Sambro, the depot ship for escorts (tenders were not commissioned vessels). In Mar 1944 & 1945, Q119 was listed as part of the 82 ML Flotilla. After the war Q119 was transferred to the RCMP and became Fort Pitt MP 30, RCMP Ottawa. International call sign CGMM until 1959. Paid off and sold in 1959 she was renamed Sondra II. As of 2012 she was still is use.