For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Fairmile Motor Launch - Q108
Then MACHIGONNE II
Built by Midland Boat Works, Midland, Ont., she was delivered to the RCN on 13 Aug 1943. While she flew the White Ensign, she was not commissioned into the RCN but instead was listed as a tender to HMCS Sambro, the depot ship for escorts (tenders were not commissioned vessels). In Feb 1945, Q108 was listed as part of the 70th ML Flotilla. Sold in 1945 to Radium Chemical Company Limited, Vancouver, and was renamed Machigonne II. This was the third Fairmile to terminate her war service. Her CO left on 19 Dec 1944.