For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Fairmile Motor Launch - Q095
Then RODCO (1945)
Built by Midland Boat Works, Midland, Ont., she was delivered to the RCN on 12 May 1943. While she flew the White Ensign, she was not commissioned into the RCN but instead was listed as a tender to HMCS Sambro, the depot ship for escorts (tenders were not commissioned vessels). Q095 was a "B" Type ML, Displacement: 79 tons, Length: 112 ft, Beam: 17.9 ft, Draught: 4.9 ft, Speed: 20 kts, Complement: 3 officers, 14 men, Armament: 3-20mm. In Feb 1944 & 1945, Q095 was listed a part of the 76th ML Flotilla. In Feb 1944, her CO, Lt Williams, was SO of the 76th ML Flotilla. Paid off on 01 Jul 1945, she was sold later that year and renamed Rodco.
From The Fairmiles - Canada's Little Ships "This one had Rolls Royce Merlin engines fitted. These V12 engines could produce anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 horsepower depending on the variant. HMC ML095 was sold to Rudolphe Corbeil and was re-named RODCO. As the RODCO she was owned at West Pubnico, Nova Scotia and was used to haul lobsters from Western Nova Scotia to Rockland, Maine."