For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Fairmile Motor Launch - Q089
Then COASTAL QUEEN (1949)
Then GRAND COMMANDER
Built by Greavette Boats Ltd., Gravenhurst, Ont., she was delivered to the RCN on 14 Oct 1942. While she flew the White Ensign, she was not commissioned into the RCN but instead was listed as a tender to HMCS Sambro, the depot ship for escorts (tenders were not commissioned vessels). In Jan 1944 and Mar 1945, Q089 was listed as part of the 76th ML Flotilla. Sold in 1949 to Northern Engineering and Supply Company, Fort William, Ontario, she was renamed Coastal Queen, and later Grand Commander and Corniche.