For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Motor Launch - Q062
Then Free French Naval Vessel LANGLADE V112 (1942)
Then PTC 762
Then HMCS WOLF 762 (1954)
Built by Mac-Craft Ltd., Sarnia, Ontario, she was delivered to the RCN on 18 Apr 1942. While she flew the White Ensign, she was not commissioned into the RCN but instead was listed as a tender to HMCS Sambro, the depot ship for escorts (tenders were not commissioned vessels). Q062 was a "B" Type ML, Displacement: 79 tons, Length: 112 ft, Beam: 17.9 ft, Draught: 4.9 ft, Speed: 20 kts, Complement: 3 officers, 14 men, Armament: 3-20mm. She served with the free French Navy out of St. Pierre et Miquelon (renamed Langlade V112) on the South Coast of Newfoundland from 15 Jan 1943, until the end of the war. After the was she was sold to Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp., New York. Q062 was re-acquired by the navy and became HMCS Wolf 762 in 1954. She was purchased by Orrville Gold in 1964 and was used as a break wall behind the Gold residence on the north shore of lake Eire where it was destroyed by winter ice in the 1970s.