For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS KIRKWOOD Z53
Then KIRKWOOD II
Built by Palmer and William, PEI in 1944. Stationed out of Bermuda, she was used by the RCN from 1944 till 1946 as an A/S target towing vessel. Sold in 1947, she was re-named Kirkwood II. Owners: Minster of Lands & Forests 1947-1953; Arthur W.R. Hill 1953-1960; Rentronic Corp Ltd, et al. 1960-1963; City Wide Property Management Ltd., Rentronic Corp. Ltd 1963-1968. Her registry was closed in 1969 - assumed scrapped.