For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS INGLEWOOD Z51
Built by Palmer and William, PEI in 1944. Stationed out of Halifax, NS, she was used by the RCN from 1944 till 1946 as an A/S target towing vessel. After she was paid off, she served as pilot launch on BC coast 30 years; followed by doing Fisheries patrol charters in the Tofino-Ucluelet, BC area.
She was renamed Sphinx II (1947-1951); then Pilot Boat No. 2. (1951-1958); then Canada Pilot No. 21 (1968-1974); then Pacific Pilot III.