For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HOWE SOUND IV
Howe Sound IV was used as a guard boat for the impounded fishing fleet in the Fraser River during WW II. She was sold in Mar 1942 for $18,500.00 to Charles William Wilson of Quathiaski Cove, BC.
In 1941 she was used as a guard ship at the mouth of the Fraser River but was apparently not commissioned into the Royal Canadian Navy. Registry closed June 28, 1957, re-registered after wreck, February 19, 1958. She has been reported by some sources to have served with the Royal Canadian Navy, but Bryon Taylor (26/11/2017) reports that "Reference RG 24 Volume 2854 File 8000-300/18 General Information HMCS Friendship states that Howe Sound IV was not suitable for naval service and therefore not requisitioned by the RCN." In 1942-1949 she was owned by Charles Wilson, Quathiaski Cove BC. In 1956-1967 she was owned by Matt Farac (MO), Vancouver BC. In 1973-1980 she was owned by Marine Girl Fishing Ltd., Burnaby BC. In 1989-1992 she was owned by Ritchie Fishing Co. Ltd., Vancouver BC. (Source: Nauticapedia)
Photos and Documents