For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMS MISCOU T277
Built for the RN, she was commissioned on 17 Oct 1942 as HMS Miscou. She was loaned to the RCN, though never commissioned into the RCN; and was manned by RN personnel. Prior to being commissioned as HMS Miscou, she had the names HMS Campenia and HMS Bowell. She was returned to the RN at Plymouth and paid off on 17 Jun 1945. Sold to Bergen in 1946 and renamed Cleveland (converted to motor vessel), purchased by Nordlandslinjen in 1950 and renamed Sigurd Hund. Sold to Ålesund in 1963, renamed Vestfar the following year, then Hans Hansen in 1971 for owners in the Faroe Islands. Sold for breaking up in 1974.
Photos and Documents