For Posterity's Sake         

A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project

HMCS ULNA

Former RCMP Vessel ULNA

HMCS Ulna

Source: Flickr photo collection of Ron Bell

 

Built: 1909

Commissioned: 1939

Paid off: 1940

Fate: Sank circa 1960

 

Ulna was a former yacht that was chartered by the Protective Service in 1931 then purchased by the RCMP 25 May 1932 and based out of Gaspe. On 06 May 1939 she was returned to her owner, Canso Steamship Company Ferry Wharf Sydney, N.S. who chartered her to the Royal Canadian Navy. She became HMCS Ulna, an examination vessel until 1940 when she was returned to the owner and used as a coastal freighter. She sank ca. 1960.1

 

Commanding Officers

 

 

 

     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten

A-B

Bernays, Max Lepold

1910-1974

 

 

 

 

 

Footnotes

(1) - Ship's history from the research of Bryon Taylor

 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT